Learn about the IG diet at Sense Med Concept
Our team of dieticians, cooks and enthusiasts of good food has created a program for you, which will meet your expectations and contribute effectively to your health and well-being. While eliminating products used every day in Polish kitchens but not recommended in this diet, we replace them with others in such a way that our meals contain a variety of ingredients and flavors, at the same time providing your body with the best and healthiest nutrients.
It is also important that by slowing the rise of blood sugar and minimizing insulin release, we reduce the feeling of hunger, which, together with the increased amount of fiber in the diet, has a significant effect on weight reduction. Find out that a low IG diet can be tasteful and satisfying, but above all effective.
Although there is no ideal diet for all diabetic patients, we try to ensure that the diet meets the assumptions of the Polish Diabetic Society.
- The glycemic index (IG) determines an estimated increase of blood sugar after consumption of a product. The higher the index, the faster the increase and greater consequences for health, well-being and even silhouette.
- IG diet is a balanced menu consisting of 4 meals with a low to medium glycemic index, rich in raw vegetables, lean protein and vegetable fats.
- Dedicated not only to people with carbohydrate metabolism disorders (diabetes under the supervision of a diabetologist, prediabetes, insulin resistance), but for anyone who wants to lose weight without a feeling of irritability and ravenous hunger.
- To increase the effect of the diet, regular and moderate physical activity is recommended, and above all limitation of long periods in the sitting position (effort increases sensitivity to insulin), adequate hydration (such as water intake of at least 35 ml/kg bw), and minimising alcoholic beverages and sweets.
- If you have any questions, our advisors and nutritionists are at your disposal.
Sample IG diet menu
- patients with disorders of carbohydrate and/or lipid metabolism,
- women with polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS),
- people with acne.
Alkaline Water Java
White mulberry infusion
Breakfast: egg paste with avocado and capers
(ingredients: organic chicken eggs, avocado, natural yoghurt, pikle cucumbers, red peppers, black olives, capers, lemon, parsley, low IG bread)
Second breakfast: Greek yoghurt with fruit and nuts
(ingredients: Greek yoghurt, blueberries, strawberries, grapefruit, pecan nuts, coconut flakes)
Lunch: halibut with black rice and lemon sauce:
(ingredients: baked hallibut, lemon, turmeric, vegetable broth, spinach, cocktail tomatoes, sugar peas, kohlrabi, radish, parsley, black rice)
Dinner: penne with dried tomatoes, feta cheese and pistachios
(ingredients: wholegrain penne pasta, broccoli, arugula leaves, dried tomatoes, feta cheese, cherry tomatoes, pistachios, basil, oregano)